North Hollywood, CA
The 8th Annual Prime Cuts on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 included some of the best working editors in show business on a panel moderated by the creative Fred Savage. The event was hosted by Scott Boyd, A.C.E. and Stuart Bass, A.C.E. Had a chance to hear how these editors began their craft, how they developed their style & how they found a passion for editing. I dabble in experimental editing, therefore, I think of myself as a mega fan of editors.
- Fred Savage, actor, director and producer of television and film
- Chris McCaleb - Breaking Bad
- Shannon Mitchell, ACE - Orange is the New Black
- Jason Bielski - Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Skip MacDonald - Fargo
- Kent Beyda, ACE - Billy Crystal: 700 Sundays
- John Duffy, ACE - COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey
- Emily Hsuan - Naked and Afraid
It was awesome to hear how they got their big break in editing. Only thing: I forgot to ask Mr. Bielski to put in more shots of Mr. Kimmel in his underwear as Mr. JimKim himself told me, he does his best work in his underwear.